Navigating the Impact of Governor Katie Hobbs’ Restrictions on New Build Home Construction in Tucson
In recent years, the city of Tucson has seen a surge in new home construction, providing prospective homeowners with a range of options to choose from. However, with Governor Katie Hobbs’ restrictions on new build home construction, there are concerns about the impact these limitations might have on construction quality, especially when the Arizona Department of Housing already reports Arizona’s housing supply is falling short of the population’s need.
It is crucial for homebuyers and real estate professionals to be aware of potential issues that may arise due to cut corners or cost savings as builders rush to meet demand.
This month’s blog post explores these concerns and emphasizes the importance of hiring a property inspector before moving into a newly constructed home. AZ Property Inspections is committed to being a valuable resource in this process.
The Concerns Surrounding Construction Quality
Governor Katie Hobbs’ restrictions on new build home construction have been implemented with the intent of promoting environmental sustainability and responsible land use. While these goals are commendable, there are concerns about the potential consequences on construction quality. When builders face limitations on materials, design options, or construction methods, it can inadvertently lead to shortcuts being taken or cost-saving measures that compromise the integrity of the home.
Look Out for Cut Corners or Cost Savings
During the property inspection of a newly constructed home, Inspectors usually identify certain aspects that may have been overlooked due to construction constraints. Here are a few areas where cut corners or cost savings may be evident and what Inspectors look for:
- Structural Integrity: Inspect the foundation, walls, and roof for any signs of inadequate construction, such as cracks, sagging, or inconsistent alignment.
- Electrical Systems: Ensure that the electrical systems are properly installed and meet safety standards. Check for faulty wiring, insufficient outlets, or overloaded circuits.
- Plumbing and Drainage: Examine the plumbing system for leaks, water pressure issues, and proper drainage. Insufficient plumbing can lead to costly repairs and water damage.
- Insulation and Ventilation: Verify that the home has adequate insulation to maintain energy efficiency and comfort. Poor insulation can result in higher energy bills and discomfort throughout the year.
- Finishing Details: Scrutinize the quality of finishes, such as flooring, cabinetry, and fixtures. Look for signs of poor workmanship or substandard materials that may require replacement sooner than expected.
How AZ Property Inspections Can Help
Engaging the services of a reputable property inspection company like AZ Property Inspections can provide invaluable assistance in assessing the quality of a newly constructed home.
Here’s why hiring a property inspector is essential:
- Expertise and Thoroughness: Property inspectors possess the knowledge and experience to identify construction issues that may not be immediately apparent to the untrained eye. They conduct a comprehensive examination of the property, leaving no stone unturned. In fact, the inspectors at AZ Property Inspections spend hours on the property to ensure a comprehensive inspection.
- Detailed Reports: Our property inspectors provide detailed reports highlighting any deficiencies or areas of concern. Our reports are intended to offer you a clear understanding of the condition of your potential new home. This information is crucial for making an informed decision about your purchase.
- Negotiation Power: Armed with a property inspection report, you can negotiate with the builder or seller to address any identified issues before closing the deal. This can save you significant costs in the long run.
While the governor’s restrictions on new build home construction in Tucson aim to promote responsible growth, homebuyers need to be aware of its potential impact and make informed decisions to protect themselves from future headaches and expenses.
Scheduling a property inspection from AZ Property Inspections is a prudent step to ensure your newly constructed home meets the highest standards. Our expertise, attention to detail, and comprehensive reports will give you the confidence you need to make the right choice. Here are the two types of new construction inspections we recommend.
Don’t overlook the importance of a property inspection – it’s an investment that can potentially save you from costly repairs and ensure your dream home is truly a dream come true. You can schedule your inspection here.